ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Medical Assistant will manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers. The Medical Assistant may also provide telephone support and facilitate communication between customers and providers. The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Providers and Administrator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient examination such as taking vitals, verifying medications and allergies and documenting them. Educates the patient about the visit.
- Prepare patients for the physicians/physician assistants.
- Explain treatment, procedures, medications to patients as directed by physicians.
- Use EHR to document patients medical history, HPI, medications and diagnosis.
- Maintain excellent charting skills, including all patient communication and progress notes.
- Assist providers with procedures as required by the provider.
- Clean and stock patient examination rooms, sterilizes and maintains equipment and supplies so they are available as needed.
- Complete all open/close duties as required.
- Remain flexible with the changing schedule and fill in as needed.
- Be available Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm.
- May assist with prescription refills under the supervision of the provider.
- Perform various telephone duties such as informing patients of test results, and relaying information and messages, so that communication between clinic and patient is clear and concise.
- Maintain confidentiality by keeping all patient and medical information seen and heard in the strictest confidence.
- High School diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medical Assistant program required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be a CMA with current state certification.
- Have knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.
- Excellent communication/listening/customer service skills.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to travel between three sites locally.
- From $20.00 per hour
To be considered for the Medical Assistant position, please email your resume and cover letter to Leah Asplund, Practice Administrator, at email@example.com.
Oakdale Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic provided the following inclusive hiring information: We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.