Hearing loss affects nearly 40 million Americans, it’s estimated that only 20 percent of those who need hearing aids actually wear them. But what we know – and what our patients have experienced – is that hearing aids can be an incredibly effective way to manage hearing loss.
Hearing aids while small in size, can make a big impact on your quality of life. Clinically proven benefits for hearing aid wearers include improved communication and decreased listening effort. Hearing loss can be very stressful, tiresome, and isolating. The most rewarding aspect of our job is helping patients reconnect with life and loved ones.
Steps to getting the right hearing aid for you
- Selection – Hearing aid selection is a blend of art and science; we assess a number of factors when recommending a hearing aid. We consider the results of your hearing evaluation, discuss appropriate hearing aid styles and technology options related to your lifestyle, and consider your unique needs such as a desire for Bluetooth connectivity, user controls or aesthetic preferences.
- Fitting – During your fitting appointment, we will walk you through an orientation to your hearing aids. We will ensure your hearing aids fit comfortably and are programmed to your degree and configuration of hearing impairment along with modification for your individual preferences and unique listening environments. You will be educated on the advanced features of your particular model of hearing aid(s), review the care and maintenance, and we will thoroughly discuss any questions or concerns that you may have along the way.
- Follow-up – Once you have had a few weeks to adapt to your hearing aids and the opportunity to wear them in several real life situations you’ll return for a follow up visit with us. During that time we will discuss your experience with the hearing aids and modify any programming or physical components that may need our attention. It is a wonderful opportunity to ask questions, revisit any information that may need further review and customize the devices to your specific needs. The professional discussion and thorough guidance provided by our team leads to achieving optimal satisfaction and performance with your chosen technology.
- Clean and Check – Our patients return every 6-12 months (depending on needs) to reconnect about how they are performing with their devices. This allows us to deliver any supplies, provide programming adjustments, install periodic software upgrades, and inspect the devices to ensure they are working as expected. These routine visits are provided at no additional charge.
- Maintenance and Service – Should you have an issue with one or both or your hearing aids we’ll either fix it in the office if possible or send it out to the manufacturer for repair. A three-year repair package comes standard on all of our hearing aid manufacturers and models.
We offer hearing aids from the most respected and reliable manufacturers in the industry and our medical model offers truly competitive pricing on our aids and services that we are proud of! To preview the manufacturer’s perspective on their newest offerings click the links below.
Hearing aid brands
Start feeling better.
Request an appointment today.
If you prefer, give us a call.Call 763-233-5755
We can help you.
The physicians and clinical staff at Oakdale Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic are committed to your health and well-being. Allergies, sinus and nasal disorders, hearing loss — and many other ENT conditions — can disrupt and complicate life. That’s why we seek out the most innovative diagnostic testing and treatment options that bring real results, improving the quality of life for our patients.